Medical Receptionist Vacancy
We are a busy 4 Partner Practice based in East Sussex and are currently looking for a part-time Receptionist/Administrator to join our team at Ashdown Forest Health Centre. The post will be a minimum of 10 hrs per week (2 afternoons) and some flexibility to work additional hours or at our sister surgery in Mayfield would be preferred.
We are looking for candidates who are IT literate and, although previous experience in the NHS is desirable, it is not essential as training will be given. As a member of the team you will offer general assistance to the practice and project a positive and friendly image to the patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone. You will receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way. Organisation skills are essential and the post holder must be able to work accurately in a fast paced environment.
- Acting as first point of contact via telephone, face to face, and online
- Dealing with queries from patients and other stakeholders
- Booking, cancelling, amending and organising the appointment books
- Handling requests for home visits
- Handling patient requests for prescriptions
- Action requests from clinicians relating to patients including liaison with patients, other services, and any other location as required
- Registering new patients onto the clinical system
- Maintaining accurate filing systems
- Taking payments for services in line with cash handling procedures
- Maintain a clean and tidy working area and keep the waiting area organised
- Provide information to patients
- Work as part of the wider multi-disciplinary team to ensure we provide excellent care for patients in a welcoming environment
- Deal with members of the team at all levels including patients, GPs, nurses and practice manager
- Follow all practice policies and procedures including confidentiality and health and safety
- Any other duties as required by the practice
If you are interested in the above please send your CV with a covering letter to Gill Williams, Deputy Practice Manager, Ashdown Forest Health Centre, Lewes Rd, Forest Row, RH18 5AQ or if you would like further information regarding this post, please contact Gill Williams on 01342 823121.